Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Danny Baseball Is Back

I'm back.  It's been a good winter.  Best news is that Spring is less than one month away.   Baseball is back.  Actually baseball was never gone.  Hot  Stove baseball was going on all winter long.

So what have I been doing?  A lot of things actually.  Firstly, I've been doing my physical therapy for both of my shoulders and both of my knees.  This is in preparation for the upcoming 48+ baseball season.  I rehabbed a partially torn rotator cuff last season and was able to throw pain free.  That's a major accomplishment.  The problem was that I caught like 15 out of our 18 games, and by the end of the season my knees were totally shot.  My right knee is better, but my left one is still hurting.  I still hope to catch this season, at least half the time.

I've decided to step down as Manager and G.M of the Mariners.  It was too much stress and I don't like stress.  I've worked hard to reduce my level of stress.  Now I can just play ball, bring my own equipment bag and have a lot of fun.

I've also been writing for Mets Merized Online  
It's a Mets fans blog.  I've had my articles posted once or twice a week.  Check it out.  Click on "Authors" and my name will pop up first on the list.  And you can read all my stuff.  I'd like to think that I have some Mets Merized fans who like my stuff quite a bit.  But I know for sure that I have my critics too.  I wouldn't want it any other way.

I've been reading quite a bit too.  I'm into non-fiction/historical fiction.  Ted Kennedy's autobiography was a great book.  So was the Harry Truman biography by David McCullough.  I've read a bunch of baseball books too:  "Seasons in the Sun", by Roger Kahn, and "Eight Men Out", by Eliot Asinov - to name two.  Now I'm reading the classic by James Michener, "Alaska".

More about me and more about baseball to come all spring and summer long.  And don't forget to look for my stuff at Metsmerizedonline.com.

Danny

No comments:

Post a Comment