Here is my top 10 list of what it's not worth wishing for because they won't be granted.
- Adrian Gonzalez - The Mets do not have enough chips to trade for him.
- Prince Fielder - The Brewers will not give him up for every Mets starting pitcher other than Santana.
- John Lackey - He's a Texas guy who probably doesn't want to come to New York.
- Matt Holliday - Look for the Yankees or Red Sox to win this sweepstakes.
- Derrek Lee - Under new ownership, the Cubs will go for it all next year and keep Lee.
- Manny Ramirez - The window should be closed by now. He's in decline anyway.
- A new manager - But the under/over for firing Manuel is the All-Star break.
- A new GM - If Manuel goes, so does Minaya.
- Jason Marquis - He's not as good as it will cost for them to sign him.
- A $170M payroll - It would be even more embarrassing to finish under .500
If things go right, we can win the division.
We haven''t played all our cards yet. Wait until the trade deadline for the coup de grace
- Steve DeRosa - Trade Castillo and let DeRosa play 2nd and platoon with Murphy at 1st.
- One of Benjie Molina, Rod Barajas, or Miguel Olivo
- Jeff Francoeur - 25 home runs
- Daniel Murphy - 18 HR, 80 RBI and .295 BA
- Trade for pitcher Roy Oswalt - He has 2 years - $30M left.
- A healthy Jose Reyes and Carlos Beltran.
- Trade for left fielder Carl Crawford.
- David Wright -comeback player of the year.
- Trade for pitcher Ricky Nolasco.
- Johan wins 20.
- Get the better of a contract swap for Oliver Perez.